Our Churches are opening for Masses next weekend July 4th & 5th. Definite rules and guidelines have to be in force to absolutely ensure the health and safety of everybody.
In Ballingarry two masses on Saturday - 10.30am & 7.00pm and in Granagh two masses on Sunday - morning mass 10.30am and evening mass 7.00pm.
Numbers are restricted to fifty in all churches, regardless of size, to ensure maximum safety for all. The following is the system that will be in use:-
• Everyone will need a specially printed Card.
• You will need to pick up that Card in your Church on Friday 3rd at 7.00pm.
• Your Card has the Day, Date and Time of mass, you wish to attend.
• The cards are colour coded with a different colour for each of the four masses.
• All seats are numbered, everyone sits on their allocated seat.
• When you get your card, write your name and number on the back of it.
• After mass, drop the Card in the box provided. It will only be used in the event of contact tracing i.e. if someone in the church tests positive for Covid. This may seem over the top to some, but it is simply ensuring an extra layer of protection for all in attendance.
• Social Distancing is mandatory in the church yard.
• It is not mandatory to wear a Mask, BUT everyone who can, is strongly advised to do so. It is understandable that it may not be possible for everyone to wear one.
• For those worried about missing mass - the Sunday obligation has been suspended and anyone who is fearful about attending should not feel obliged to come to mass.
• If you have any underlying condition or any symptoms of cold/flu you are strongly discouraged from attending.
• Stewards will be on hand - pointing out the sanitising station and guiding you to your allocated seat.
• Sanitising will be carried out after each mass, to enhance everyone's safety.
• After morning masses at weekends, churches will close until the 7pm mass.
• Daily opening times for Granagh Church are changing this week - 12pm to 3pm instead.
• The Ballingarry masses will go out on webcam - www.churchservices.tv
Fr. Dan wanted to take this opportunity to thank the generous family who gifted this system to the Church in Ballingarry, in gratitude for the life of their loved one, who has died. So, if you cannot attend church you can benefit from their gift and do remember the donor in your prayers.
Sincere thanks to those who volunteered as stewards, it is these people who have made it possible to open our churches again. Not forgetting our sacristan Kathleen who is working away in the background as always, she facilitates the openings/closings every day and keeps everything on track.